Now is the time to start thinking about your organization’s presence at the must-go conference of the year. That’s right, SXSW. HelpGood has been rocking the Austin scene since 2009 and we want to make sure the social good presence continues to grow.
Follow these 5 steps below to hit all the important deadlines and make sure you aren’t staying 15 miles from the conference center.
1) Figure out who is going to represent your organization (send as many people as you can from all different levels of management).
2) Submit a panel by Friday, July 25, 2014 here. Don’t be discouraged or intimidated by this process, SXSW likes to chose panels to represent the full spectrum of organization size and topics. Pick something exciting and new that your organization is doing to share or a relatable challenge that your organization has managed to overcome.
3) Registration opens on August 1st. Last year, it opened on August 1st at exactly 11am EST. Be ready at this time with the strongest wifi you have to buy your badge and book your downtown hotel immediately. Last year, hotels sold out in 4 hours.
You can sign-up for the SXSW newsletter to be notified. However, we recommend creating an event in your calendar right now. As far as which hotel to choose, we recommend the Sheraton. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the downtown hotel map beforehand so you can easily slide from 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices based on availability.
4) Brag to all your friends that you secured a SXSW downtown hotel.
5) Promote your panel for voting on all your social channels. Ask all your friends and partners to vote especially on deadline day (as people are more likely to do things if you tell them “last day ya’ll!”) Voting ends September 5th.
Hope to see you there!